Here are some major accomplishments from the last 5 years, looking back from 2018:
- Increased public accessibility to the Western Greenway, Prospect Hill Park, Charles River Walkway, Mass Central Rail Trail, Beaver Brook North and Historic Reservations, and Hardy Pond
- by offering year-round free guided programs to the public
- through the development of accurate trail maps to promote awareness and use of these natural areas
- through the expansion of our volunteer stewardship program which keep our open spaces clean and (relatively) free of invasive plants that threaten the ecosystem.
- Successfully advocating for the preservation of the majority of the open space at the Fernald Center, and for City approval for Waltham Land Trust to build an extension of the Western Greenway trail through this property.
- Negotiating a trail easement with Bentley University to extend the Western Greenway Trail from the Storer Conservation land closer to the Mass Central Rail Trail.
- Significantly advancing City and community progress with the Waltham portion of the Mass Central Rail Trail.
- Successfully advocating for the removal of an illegally-built communications tower and its access road and supports, which had encroached on Prospect Hill Park.