Volunteer Trail Stewards
Interested in helping to maintain trails in Waltham? The Waltham Land Trust is looking for folks who would like to volunteer to be the “eyes and ears” of:
- the Western Greenway Trail
- Prospect Hill Park trails
- the Mass Central Rail Trail
- pathways along the Charles River
- trails in Beaver Brook North and Historic reservations
- Smith Point, shoreline, Graverson Playground and wetlands of Hardy Pond
As a WLT steward, you can be as involved as you want to be, from just reporting on trail conditions online, to picking up trash (we provide bags and gloves), to removing invasive plants and helping keep the trail sustainable. You pick the place you want to "patrol" from the above locations. Once you've received the training and supplies needed, go out as often as you are able and have fun!
To learn more and receive a Steward Interest form, please call the WLT office at 781-893-3355 or email WLT Executive Director Sonja Wadman at.
Trail Steward Reports and Handbooks
Dear Trail Stewards! Thank you so much for what you do. Please find the appropriate field report forms and handbooks for each of the areas we look after: