CommitteesUp one level
Working Committees of the Waltham Land Trust
- The Land Committee is responsible for planning projects and policies related to the preservation of open space assets in Waltham. The Committee meets the second Wednesday of each month at 7:30 PM in the Land Trust office at 240 Beaver St.
- Program Activities
- The Program Activities Committee is responsible for providing recreational opportunities and environmental education activities as a means to raise awareness, to increase membership, and to provide opportunities for people to connect with the land. The Program Activities Committee meets the fourth Tuesday of each month at 5 pm at 240 Beaver Street.
- The Newsletter Team produces our Waltham Land Trust Journal twice a year. The Program Director coordinates via email with members of this Team to write and edit The Journal.
- Special Events
- The Special Events committee plans various fundraising events throughout the year.
- The Technology Committee acquires, maintains, and updates the technology used by the Waltham Land Trust as well as trains and assists the staff, board, committees and project teams in its use. This includes but is not limited to computers, software, networking, office technology, website, email, internet, social networking, virtual meeting, newsletter production, GPS and mapping, and projection equipment. They meet when needed, generally on the first Monday of each month at 7 pm at 240 Beaver Street.
- Hardy Pond Association
- A project of the Waltham Land Trust working to protect Hardy Pond and its surrounding environment.
- Stewards are open space's feet on the ground monitoring for safe use